It’s the last Friday of the week. Time to reflect on the year that’s coming to a close and learn from the past. Time to take a deep breath and appreciate the present. Time to plan for the future and make those new years’ resolutions. Here’s what I’ve come-up with:
- I will try to let go of the pride that can sometimes hold me back. Ask for help when I don’t know an answer, rather than trying to find it on my own. Ask that awkward question you know everyone is “too smart” to articulate. Say “no” and point folks to the right resource when you know it’s the right thing to do.
- I will continue to work on making my smile lines deeper (this is an old standby resolution I like to make every year).
- I will eat lunch away from my desk. I will try to realize that breaks are necessary and actually lead to higher productivity. I will try to grab a colleague or two and grab lunch with them instead of eating alone.
- I will drink more of that opaque and odd-tasting stuff that comes from our juicer. Although I don’t believe in the alleged health benefits, I also don’t think the stuff can hurt more than my taste buds. So, why do it? Well, my wife believes in them, so why not? Happy wife, happy life!
- I will make a deliberate effort to spend more time with my children. Play board games. Sit in the same room, even sometimes there may be an awkward silence.
- I will bring donuts to the office every Friday (starting next week – I’m working from home today)
Those are mine. Any you care to share?