It’s been an odd year. Still, as I take stock of things for which I’m thankful, there’s no shortage of blessings. So many, in fact, I thought I’d pull together a top ten list of things for which I‘m grateful.
10. I don’t have schizophrenia, despite the fact advertisers on Pandora seem to disagree and are targeting me with ads for their once monthly injection.
9. Green screens. Yes, we all know you’re really at home but now we don’t have to be distracted by those dirty socks in the corner of your room.
8. Scotch, wine and fancy beer. Without them, instead of a connoisseur I’d be a common drunk. What a difference pretense makes!
7. I haven’t had to set an alarm this year. No commute. No planes to catch. Plus, my 14 second commute makes it so that even if I sleep-in, I can make that early meeting.
6. Streaming services. ‘Nuff said!
5. The logic-defying, record-breaking stock market. Despite all economic indicators pointing south, it seems my IRA lives in an alternate universe where everything is awesome.
4. Cranberries. I want more, impossible to ignore… impossible to ignore. What’s in your head? In your head? (if you’re thinking tart fruit, Google Dolores O’Riordan).
3. You. Despite the isolation, the distancing and the awkward moments, I am grateful for all my friends and family. Yes, even you know who.
2. The impact the pandemic is having on Black Friday. Much as I like to watch cattle calls, I’m glad they’re not happening this year.
1. Donut holes. Without them donuts would just be, well, beignets.
Happy (black) Friday!