Dear Members and Constituents,
I think you've all seen the billboard which sits twelve feet or so from my office (yes the one where the Friday Donut Club has placed an unauthorized announcement). As I understand it, the intent of the billboard is to promote a fun workplace by providing product information (Come again?). While challenging, I think the concept can be made to work. In order to do my small part, I am proposing....
...the top 10 things that could go on the new billboard:
10. Collocation, location, location: Advice for a challenging market from Level 3's real estate experts
9. Keeping our revenue stream Regular with dark fiber
8. The wacky wireless weekly: From technology to devices, this segment has a lot to talk about, I'm sure some fun facts can be found
7. Long-haul long shots: Unlikely events in the long haul transport network and how they were handled
6. CNS-CNS : Core Network Services-Curious and Novel Snippets
5. Vox populi: Wholesale voice services speaking to the people for the people
4. Cable guy! Featuring a new quote from Larry every week
3. Functional focus: We would not be a "highly matrixed organization" if we did not have at least three dimensions on which to create our matrix. This section would make sure IT, finance, marketing, architecture, engineering, operations, legal, regulatory, HR... etc. don't get forgotten
2. I think, given Metro's ability to find new and creative venues, they might do well to steer clear of a stodgy old billboard. They don't want to jeopardize the street cred they got by posting announcements in places like the ladies' restroom (and you were beginning to think we were going to omit Metro --of course we all know this top ten list could not be complete without it)
1. The Friday Donut Club announcement of the week. Why not? Sure Donuts are not a product or segment, however...
Regardless of whether these suggestions get implemented, one thing is for sure: Jeff Martin has brought four dozen LaMar's donuts and they are ready and awaiting consumption. So, count your blessings, and stop counting the seconds until donuts arrive, for they are here!