- All or nothing. Whatever happened to 8.675309% for me and the remaining 91.324691% for others?
- Now or never. Let me think it over. What about next Tuesday at 3:14:16 AM?
- Us or them. Wait, is one group made-up entirely of clones with implanted shared experiences? Is that them? Is that... us??
- Capitalism or Socialism. How about... well, the United States? This odd blend of semi-regulated markets with a quasi-social safety net can’t rightly be called either.
- The lesser of two evils. Why discriminate against third-party evils? How about non-evil? --heaven forbid good.
- Matter or... Dark matter? Energy? Antimatter? Doesn’t matter?
Donuts are part of the magic that makes life so sweet. I founded the Level 3 Friday Donut Club in 2004 and ran it until my departure in 2015. It had a three year run at Windstream and is now virtual, but at its peak, we had a rotation of 50+ folks who brought donuts every Friday. We had three simple rules: (1) five dozen (2) boutique shop donuts (3) by 8:00 am. This blog memorializes these e-mails to share my thoughts (and, once upon a time, announce the donut arrival). Have a happy Friday!