With sports news dominating much of the headlines this week (baseball opening, golf sub-plots, blue devil this or that…), I decided to go in a totally different direction. This morning, I figured some common sense advice could come-in handy (not that any of you are lacking in this department). Ready, fire, aim!
- Don’t smoke, it’s bad for you (if in doubt, refer to label on the cigarette pack)
- If you do decide to smoke, don’t do it in designated non-smoking areas
- Should you decide to contravene this advice, don’t smoke in places with stiff penalties and sanctions… say, the lavatory of an airplane
- If, by chance, you feel an urge to go against this advice… and get caught, don’t joke about lighting a shoe bomb
- Of course, none of the above applies if you are a diplomat
On the other hand, to my knowledge, the consumption of donuts has not been connected to cancer, emphysema or any second-hand ailments. Furthermore, I know of no place which bans their consumption or has created specially designated donut consumption areas. This morning, Jay Leslie (donut boy) makes it easy for you to indulge with four dozen delicious LaMar’s donuts (including a dozen specialty donuts). Put your fuse-less shoes on and come grab a bite. It’s bound to light-up your day.