- Watch the NBA pre-season –unless you’re in China, that is; they’re boycotting over a tweet (and, no, it’s not your usual suspects).
- Grab a blanket and cozy-up to the fireplace with a good book. Maybe try Olga Tokarczuk (2018) and Peter Handke (2019), this week’s outspoken and polarizing Nobel literature prize winners.
- Binge watch one of the plethora of mediocre new shows. You know you want to!
- Perfect your mixology. Maybe try that new peach mint mule recipe that’s all the buzz. Who knows, this might be the perfect time to crack open a bottle of Khrotytsa vodka, the best Ukraine has to offer.
- Have a donut. Or, have a beer. Just don’t mix the two (American Craft Beer says it’s a bad idea)
Donuts are part of the magic that makes life so sweet. I founded the Level 3 Friday Donut Club in 2004 and ran it until my departure in 2015. It had a three year run at Windstream and is now virtual, but at its peak, we had a rotation of 50+ folks who brought donuts every Friday. We had three simple rules: (1) five dozen (2) boutique shop donuts (3) by 8:00 am. This blog memorializes these e-mails to share my thoughts (and, once upon a time, announce the donut arrival). Have a happy Friday!