Who writes the “more info” blurb? You know the one. That cryptic sentence or two designed to give you a feel for the plot so you can decide whether to watch a show (when the title alone is not enough). Do they work for the movie studio? Are they employed by satellite, cable and streaming services? More importantly, how did they get the job? And, what might they be smoking whilst writing them? I’ve been thinking it might be fun. Watch a movie, get inebriated, write a blurb. Here are a few I’ve thrown together (I may or may not have been sober whilst writing these)
- Outcast engages in human trafficking in exchange for the return of his property – Shrek
- Newly homeless girl joins a gang seeking special favors from the mayor – The wizard of Oz
- Wilderness excursion leads to uncle’s trinket being lost at the top of a mountain –Lord of the Rings
- Underage orphan gets dragged into forbidden game against the wishes of his boarding school principal – Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire
- Amputee’s father murders his boss while playful teddy bears help destroy a giant orb – Star Wars Episode VI: The Return of the Jedi
I’d be curious to see other cryptic descriptions. I bet you too can come-up with a good one (or two). If you do, pass it along! If you do not… donot… donut… sorry, where was I? O yes, have a donut!